Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Terrordrome (GR) - The Day of Sacrilege (2012)


Country: Greece (Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia)
Released on: Grind Ethic Records

Tracklist:

1. Alas, In the Wound... 03:23
2. ...For Mayhem to Begin 04:03
3. Bounded 03:25
4. Moribund 03:36
5. The Day of Sacrilege 02:39
6. Compel to Sin 04:10
7. Conceit Is the Disease 02:46
8. Impale the Unfit Servant 03:21
9. Antediluvian Malediction 05:42
33:05


Today my pre-order order of the new Terrordrome album "The Day of Sacrilege" arrived at my place. I have been a huge fan of their last full-lenght and was eager to get this new CD of theirs. The new Terrordrome record, however strange it might appear to fans of their last effort "Vehement Convulsion", might be a grower. They definitely changed their style into something more progressive and technical, yet precisely violent and brutal. Now, at first I was shocked of what I heard. I was halfway through the album for the first time and I really feared this could become an equally bitter disappointment as the latest Detrimentum album compared to their predecessing release. But after I spun this album about ten times I got hold of what is happening on this record I started to like what I heard. Dismal, playful guitar work and alternating rhythm patterns are being displaced by violent blast parts and your Vehement Convulsion-styled brutality. Things like rock-like guitar work chased by a blast attack of Wormed-styled sick guitar melodies in the final track is what makes this album so progressive. This record is a fine blend of alternating approaches to what is Death Metal. Technicality and weird guitar structures alternating with violent brutality, letting the musical skill of these guys undoubted. And this is what makes me like this record way more than I would have expected of me. The schizophrenia and disturbingness of this bastard is what keeps you interested in this album. I am definitely more the Vehement Convulsion type of Brutal Death fan. And although I had my doubts, this album grew into something interesting and absolutely woth listening to.

A record that leaves you confused, yet still satisfied in your hunger for brutality. Fascinating new approach.

85%

No comments:

Post a Comment