Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Disgusted (VN) - Thorns Over The God's Crown (2010)

 
Country: Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City)
Released on: Bloody Chunks Records

Tracklist:

1.    Pussy Is The Reason    02:11 
2.    Strangulation    03:02    
3.    The Art Of Killing    03:17 
4.    Hang The Robbers    02:35  
5.    Devil Incarnated    03:10   
6.    Diary Of Sucker    03:56   
7.    Conclusion Of Pain    02:44   
8.    Shit Storm    02:46 
9.    The Red Card    03:34   
10.    Proud To Be An Idiot    03:06    
11.    Atheist    03:20 
Total playing time    33:35

I think I've never heard of any Vietnamese Brutal Death bands. Anyway, the album starts with an awesome blast beat massacre, really a good way to start an album. The music is basically straight forward BDM with vocals that constantly remind me of Wounds of Christ or The Macabre. I really like the vocals which are mostly pig squeals with some decent highs. They somehow create a unique sound.
The drumming is damn fast and really awesome. The production is pretty good for such a band I'd say.
I think that Disgusted do a good job and they all know how to play their insturments. The intros of the songs are very funny in my opinion, not too long though. I really had to giggle when I heard the fart concert opening the song 'Shit Storm'. Just hilarious.
The song writing could be a smidge better here and there, but anyway they deliver a constant level of brutality and have some really awesome riffing in some songs.

All in all this is still a recommendable release, which somehow caught my attention. I like it.

80%

No comments:

Post a Comment